6th June 2009
The UK Copyright Service is proud to announce sponsorship and support of the Daffodil Theatre Awards.
The event, presented by Marie Curie Cancer Care and Barefeat Theatre Company, will raise funds for the Marie Curie Cancer Care charity.
About the event
The Daffodil Theatre Awards offers the chance for writer, poets and playwrights to perform in front of industry professionals and battle it out for the awards for Best New Writing, Best Overall Piece and Best Actor.
The event itself will be held on Sunday October 25, 2009 at 7.00pm in the Stantonbury Theatre, Milton Keynes, and all entries should be submitted by August 1st 2009.
- Best New Writing will receive 1 years free membership to the Ambassador Theatre Writers Group - Milton Keynes
- Best overall Piece will receive a workshop with Martin Brocklebank
- Best Actor will receive a workshop with NLP for Actors
- Best 100 entries will receive a free 5 year registration with the UK Copyright Service
- The 20 finalists will perform their work in front of an audience on industry experts and will receive constructive feedback
- Pieces entered will be presented in a booklet of plays to be sold on the night and by Samuel French Theatre Booksellers
All proceeds from the event will be donated to Marie Curie Cancer Care
About Marie Curie Cancer Care
Marie Curie Cancer Care provide free high quality nursing to give people with terminal cancer and other illnesses the choice of dying at home, supported by their families. They also provide hospices, cancer research and palliative care research.
Marie Curie Cancer Care is a registered charity. Registered in England and Wales with Charity Reg No. 207994 and registered in Scotland with Charity Reg No. SCO38731